Sunday 16 January 2011

Where does all the time go?

Well it's Sunday night again and another week has gone whizzing by. I honestly don't know where time goes. I was saying to a friend of mine this morning that wouldn't it be great if we had a 48 hour day so that we could accomplish all those things we want. 

I had good intentions this weekend to start on some embroidery that I want to have ready for when my sister comes to visit. She is going to show me how to piece it into a quilt. She's coming in February so I really need to get cracking but by the time I had finished teaching, done the shopping, etc the light wasn't right. I think I am going to have to invest in one of those special crafting lights. I quite like the look of this one:



Today was spent with the boys. Three back to back football (soccer) matches did not leave a lot of time for crafting. I did take my needlepoint to the house but the excitement of the games and the running comments from two of the more vocal boys meant concentration was zilch. Not good when cross stitching. This is the cross stitch I am working on. I have been working on and off on this particular Butternut Road design for three years possibly four. 


I need to finish it as I have another one to start and I can't do that until this one is done. 

Finally as I seem to be rambling I'll add the last picture of the day.



Yes, a tree, I have a thing for trees, hence the title of this blog. I will explain one day the why of the name of this blog. But back to the tree. I walk past this tree most days, it not only tells me of the passing of the seasons but it is also one of my favourite trees. I don't know why, it just is. It makes me happy, it greets me like a friend. 

Good night 

E

No comments:

Post a Comment